Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 01:22:34 -0400
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        garycorc@idt.net
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Complaining at Warner Brothers?

>>> Is there a shockwave plug in for FreeBSD?
>> You gotta be joking!  BSD/OS netscape doesn't even support plugins 8(
>This isn't true - unless you define 'plugin' differently than I do...
>I have and use the RealAudio 'plugin' for BSD Netscape.  They're also
>known as "helper applications"...

No, plugins are code snippits which are dynamically linked in, called
in a standard fashion, and use the Navigator window area and app space
to do their work, in accordance with an API that Netscape has
designed.  Helper applications are called by Netscape and fed the
filename.

--
http://www.wp.com/piquan --- Joel Ray Holveck --- joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu
All my opinions are my own, not the Free Software Foundation's.

Second law of programming:
Anything that can go wrong wi
sendmail: segmentation violation -- core dumped