Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:53:06 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd daemon chick wallpaper??

Paul Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 01:25:26PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
>
>>I can hardly blame her, but you'd think the women who actually post personal
>>ads would respond to me.  My opening lines can't be that bad, can they?
>
> You have to do it the way everybody else does it and "adapt". In other
> words, must relationships start out because they're based on lies and
> bullshit.

Oh.  See, there's where I'm having trouble.  I'll have to work on being a
better lying bullshitter.

>>"Foul-mouthed, compulsive male seeks gorgeous female who grocks pointers and
>>encyrption math.
>
> Confident and focused male seeks lady with an interest in intellectual
> pusuits.

Ahhh ... so this is how bullshit works ...

> [Note - you probably don't want a lady. You probably want a slut if you
> haven't dated in a while. But that doesn't go down well in ad land.... :-) ]

Slut?  Are there any sluts on this list who would care to comment on what
I would prefer?

>>Must enjoy spending long hours in dark rooms coding until
>>her eyes hurt, then be overcome with the desire to mountain-bike for miles
>>on end until she can no longer stand.
>
> Should enjoy spending time pursuing isolation and peace, away from the
> madness of the real world.

Right!  Instead she prefers the madness of my fantasy world ...

>>Women with previous modelling
>>experience
>>who look good in swimsuits preferred.
>
> Vanity acceptable.

Isn't this an understatement?  Perhaps "Vanity preferrable." would be better?

>>Money and expensive toys are a plus."
>
> Used to travelling to far away places, in style.
>
> Trust me. That'll go down well better.

Kind of like the sugar you mix in with the poison to kill the taste, huh?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies