Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 1998 15:40:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Maurer <mwmaurer@mtu.edu>
To:        jargo@liib.ee (Jargo Liib)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

I know Jargo Liib said this.....

> ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01BDF49C.46983E60
>
> Hello gurus,
>
>     I have a problem concerning one of my users -- the unfortunate =
> fellow has forgot his password and asked me to look it up for him. =
> Becouse I'm the root, I can do this but I don't know how. Can you please =
> help me, please??
>
> Jargo

Umm, you may be root, but unless you can intuitively see what is password is
via encoded text, you can't really look it up (unless you wanted to take the
time and run a crack program).

It is all very much easier just to have him choose a new password, and you
set it for him...

--
Mark Maurer  markm@dct.com     Programmer: Digital Magic Interactive
             mwmaurer@mtu.edu  Senior, Michigan Tech University