Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 01:14:52 +0800
From:      leafy <leafy@leafy.idv.tw>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   How does a module decide what to support?

From my observations (yes, please correct me if I am wrong), that modules define what to support in their respective makefiles in the form of

SRC= aaa.c bbb.c opt_*.h

Where opt_*.h are automagically generated if they are not in machine@ (and the generated files are just empty files that indicate that the kernel file does not specify this option), else they are linked from machine@.

If some makefile list
SRC= a.c b.c opt_inet.h opt_inet6.h
and kernel config lists 'option INET' *only*, then opt_inet.h has '#define INET 1' in it and opt_inet6.h is empty.

Is this correct?

Jiawei

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
                                     --inspired by The Tao of Programming