Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 13:19:39 +0800
From:      "Jason McKay" <jasonm@webace.com.au>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Still having problems - HELP!

Hi,

I am still having problems with pppd under FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE ... I have
10 dial-in lines and once a day, one or more lines will stop .... when I
ping the user on that line I get:

send to host: Network down

until the machine is rebooted.  Here is my /etc/ppp/options :

lock
dns1 203.25.160.154
-defaultroute
proxyarp
asyncmap 0
crtscts
modem
login
203.25.160.155:
debug
silent

I have 100 ppp devices set in the kernel, it appears to be a route problem,
I THINK! but I am not to sure.  I understand a /etc/ppp/ip-down script could
solve this, but I don't have one and if I need to make one, what do I put in
it??? This problem is now annoying my users, so if I can not sort it out, I
might be forced to switch OS's ...

Any help would be most appreciated.

- Jason.