Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:35:40 -0500
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help with Apache13-fp on 4.3

Greetings,
I have been trying to get apache and Frontpage
extensions installed on my new Freebsd 4.3 box.

Here is what I have done:
1.  Clean install of 4.3 on box.
2.  cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-fp
3.  make
4.  make install (answer all the questions).
5.  made sure that the webserver was started.
6.  From a Frontpage2000 on Win2000 machine, tried
    to publish to the freebsd box.
    Gave error about extensions not installed. Tried
    the web and found an article that said to use the
    apache not apache-fp server when configuring the
    extensions.

7.  Blew away all of /usr/local.
8.  make sure webserver was down.
9.  cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-fp.
10. make install.  Answer the queston correctly.
11. made sure webserver was running.
12.  Tried to publish again.  This time it said:
    "Server error:  The web server you are using
    does not support creating, renaming or deleting
    sub-webs from the frontpage client.  You must ask
    your ISP or webserver administrator to create,
    rename or delete your subweb".
13. went to /usr/local/frontpage/version4.0.  Went to
    admin and launced contents.htm in my browser.  Tried
    to create the subweb, but it gave a "the requested method
    POST...".  Looked it up on the web.  Said to add the
    ScriptAlias in the httpd.conf.  Did that, but now it says
    this server is not running frontpage extensions.

What is the proper way to install and configure Apache with
frontpage extensions?

thanks,
Darryl