Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 18:12:06 +0100 (MET)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Cc:        jack@diamond.xtalwind.net, kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE, freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wd0 interrupt timeouts

> > On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> >
> > > On one machine here I'm getting
> > >
> > > wd0: interrupt timeout:
> > > wd0: status 58<rdy,seekdone,drq> error 0
> > > wd0: interrupt timeout:
> > > wd0: status 58<rdy,seekdone,drq> error 1<no_dam>

I got the same messages with an old 486 ISA board for about 2 months.
The system would hang for about 10 s and then continue to work.
Short after Christmas this disk died and I got MEDIUM ERRORS
(hard read and write errors). The disk is _being_replaced_ now.
(Seems the internal error correction finally ceased working.)

(BTW, *one* bad sector made 64 files in different directories inaccessible
 -- anyone knows which structure causes this ?)

> > Would this happen to be a Tyan motherboard?  I had the same thing on a
> > Tomcat II until I grabbed a 'beta' BIOS flash from Tyan's web site.
> > Hasn't happened since.
>
> Thanks. I don't know what MB at the moment but will try to find out.
[..]
> --Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de

Robert

--
Robert Eckardt                                                     (
    Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum, Inst.f.Theor.Physik, NB6/169          )