Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:15:30 -0400
From:      Len Zettel <zettel@acm.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Printer filter problem

I've been pointing and clicking too much.  Really need to get
back in harness.
What's in the handbook isn't "\033&10H"; it's "\033&l0H".
That works on my printer.
Which, however, raise another question.  According to
http://www.sxlist.com/techref/language/pcl/index.htm
\&l0H translates to "previous paper source".  If so, the page
eject is a side effect and using the command is IMHO fair to middling
kludgey.  According to the same source, \&r1F is "flush all pages".
"\033&r1F" also does the job of ejecting the page on my system.

So it would appear that there are at least three different commands
that get the job done.  As a long-time devotee of pin-headed angelic
affairs, I can not resist asking "Which one should be offered in the
handbook?"  The best one, naturally.  Anybody willing to offer opinions/
evidence on which one that might be?  I would be willing to bet that
"\033014" would work on the most printers.  On the other hand,
"\033&1F" looks the most thoroughly commanding of the lot in case
of unknown gyrations between here and there.  What do you think?
   -LenZ-