Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 19:57:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cuaa0 / ttyS0 -was [gphoto] Help!--> gPhoto 0.4.3 / HP Photosmart C30 / FreeBSD 4.0R]

> /dev/cuaa0 is what FreeBSD 4.0R uses as com1, there is no ttyS0 as in linux.
> At one point I symlinked ttyS0 to cuaa0 but it made no difference.  I'm
> still stumped!!!

	Is it possible you have a "getty" on com1 that is, err, "helping"
   you? I guess since you see the lights blink, you know that you have
   the right port... The other thing I would check is to see if you have
   the right baud rate set on the port. Was there anything about that in
   the camera doc? (Probably not, the software likely sets that on its
   on under Windows).

	Does gphoto have a mailing list archive that you can check?

							Bruce