Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 1995 14:14:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, mal@aristotle.algonet.se, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [2.1-stable] No def. of GZIPCMD in .../share/doc/usd/1[02].*/Makefile

On Tue, 26 Sep 1995, Michael Smith wrote:

> Satoshi Asami stands accused of saying:
> >
> >  * Maybe it (the stable list) should be mentioned in the FAQ then?-)
> >  *
> >  * garm>grep -i stable /usr/src/share/FAQ/Text/mailing-list.FAQ
> >
> > Well, these "Text" files should go, nobody is maintaining them.  I
> > don't know why they are still there. :<
>
> GRRR! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.   I can't count the number of times I've
> pointed people at these files and had their questions answered.  If you
> can't maintain them, generate them automatically, but under no circumstances
> should anyone think that these files or their updated equivalents are
> expendable...

Wouldn't dream of it!  However, /usr/src/share/FAQ *will* disappear in a
day or so.  I sent a death announcement to hackers earlier this week.
2.1 will have the FAQ and FreeBSD Handbook installed in
/usr/share/doc/(FAQ|handbook) in ascii and HTML.  A make world in
-current does that already.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============