Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 07:38:37 -0500
From:      "Victor M. Carranza Gonzalez" <vmcarranza@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD/FreeTDS/Sybase question

Hi!
I have installed Apache 1.3.20, FreeTDS 5.2 and PHP4 from source
(FreeTDS have patches applied from the ports collection) on a
4.2-RELEASE box. Apache/PHP runs well, since I have been able to see the
results of phpinfo() on my browser. Now, I want to get data from a
Sybase Adaptive Server (version 6 I think, I am a Sybase newbie) running
on a NT4 box, but have no idea on how to configure FreeTDS, 'cause I
have been unable to find the TCP port on which the Sybase server is
listening. I ran a portscan on the NT server's IP address, and found
nothing but a MS-SQL server which is also running there. I know the
Sybase server is working 'cause there are some Windows boxes connecting
to it via ODBC (by the way, I tried to find the #&%#% port in the ODBC
configuration, but there is no reference to it there... they use a
"SERVER,192.168.0.3" syntax).

If any of you have done such a setup, I would greatly appreciate your
help. Please CC me... I am no longer subscribed to -questions.

Thanks in advance,

Victor Carranza