Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 2010 15:07:35 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: EVOLUTION a, slow start,  SOLVED

--=-0nK6+oPugYZBx2z/CWIW

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 11:55 -0300, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi wrote:
> Hello all..  =20
>=20
> Finallly I got the problem with evolution  on FreeBSD solved.
>=20
> Happens that evolution is very slow, on startup, and consumes an HUGE
> amount
> of CPU (system), on startup, making it almost unuseable for multi user
> systems...
>=20
> The problem is that some plugins  did not offer the startup entries
> that gnome (glib) wants. so FreeBSD tries to resolv the entry using
> dlsym(...)
> and search the entire user address space for that...
>=20
> a simple "patch"  for the plugins and e-util/e-plugin.c module solved
> the problem
> and now evolution starts in 3 seconds...

Thanks for looking into this.  Your attached Base64 stream is corrupt.
I was able to look at some of the patch, and I don't see why those
g_warning() calls need to be there.  Can you resubmit the patch (you can
unicast me) with just the stub functions returning the required values?
Thanks!

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke