Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 07:04:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.org>
To:        Eugene Shvetc <eugene@shvetc.marka.net.ua>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't remove some files...

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Eugene Shvetc wrote:

> When installing 2.2.5 base distribution to my existing FreeBSD-stable system
> i have errors: can't unlink <filename> and Operation not permitted.
>
> It is true, i can't remove, rename, etc there files...
[snip]
> What i can do with there files to overwrite it?

chflags noschg filename

;)

*       Bryce Newall       *       Email: data@dreamhaven.org        *
*                WWW: http://www.dreamhaven.org/~data                *
*               "Stop smirking, Number 1."  -- J.L. Picard           *
*          "I'm a doctor, not a doorstop!"  -- EMH Program, ST:FC    *