Date:      Sat, 29 May 2004 13:42:45 +0000
From:      David Gerard <fun@velvet.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tool to rotate AVIs?

I have a shiny new digital camera, a Casio EX-S20. Haven't got it
talking to the FreeBSD box yet (though it claims to do umass), but
that's another story.

It does video clips as AVIs. The AVIs are viewable in KDE3 aKtion!,
so that's fine. But I'm after a tool to rotate them from landscape
to portrait, losslessly. I know this can be done with JPEGs using
jpegtran to manipulate the file - is a similar trick possible with
AVIs? Or only with certain formats of AVI? How do I tell? etc.

- d.