Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:05:03 -0600
From:      "adp" <dap99@i-55.com>
To:        "Saint Aardvark the Carpeted" <aardvark@saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jails and SSL..

> > use SSL for several sites. With SSL we have to define one IP per site.
Jails
> > only have one IP. Is there a way around this other than just having one
jail
> > per SSL site? (I'd rather not do that!)
>
> Something I think I'm going to end up doing is running two jails:  one
> for http, one for https.  You can bind jails to local addresses (say,
> 127.0.0.3), and then use either natd or ipfw to forward different ports
> to the appropriate jail.

Is this possible though? I wonder if I can get Apache to listen and RESPOND
FOR several SSL sites on one IP, even though externally I'm mapping several
public IP's to that one IP used by the jail/Apache.

I plan on trying this later this week. Has anyone already tried this though?
If so, what was your experience.

It's a great idea if it works!