Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 14:01:00 -0500
From:      "Carlos M. Aguayo" <caguayo@carlos.sba.gov>
Subject:   FreeBsd r2.0 cdrom

This README file is also available on the boot floppy.

Read the ROADMAP file for more information on what's in this
directory.

       FreeBSD 2.0  ---  RELEASE Version               ,        ,
   -----------------------------------------          /(        )`
                                                      \ \___   / |
Welcome to the first public release of FreeBSD 2.0    /- _  `-/  '
first public snapshot of our new 4.4BSD Lite based   (/\/ \ \   /\
operating system environment.  Our installation      / /   | `    \
procedure has been completely revamped, and should   O O   ) /    |
now be much easier for both the novice and           `-^--'`<     '
experienced user alike.  We've also gone to some    (_.)  _  )   /
care to make the process of installing the           `.___/`    /
subsequent bindist and other miscellaneous             `-----' /
distributions considerably more seamless  <----.     __ / __   \
as well as offering a greater variety     <----|====O)))==) \) /====
of installation methods and options.      <----'    `--' `.__,' \
                                                       |        |
We hope you'll find this new process as enjoyable       \       /       /\
to use as it was to write!  (No, really, it        ______( (_  / \______/
was! :-)                                         ,'  ,-----'   |
                                                 `--{__________)
Disclaimer:  Please note that despite numerous
safeguards, it's still more than possible to WIPE OUT YOUR ENTIRE DISK
with this installation!  Please do not proceed unless you've
adequately backed up any important data first!  We really mean it!

If any errors occur during this installation, you can see them
by toggling over to the alternate screen.  Type ALT-F2 to switch
to the debugging screen and ALT-F1 to switch back to the install screen.
The debugging output on the second screen may be very valuable to us in
understanding your bug report, so please be sure to take note of it when
reporting any failures in the installation!  Thanks!

You may also wish to read the TROUBLESHOOTING document in _advance_
and perhaps save yourself from making those sorts of errors in
the first place! :-)

Menus and scrolling output windows may be traversed with the arrow,
PageUp/PageDown and TAB keys.  To suspend the installation at any point,
hit ESC twice.  If you've ever dealt with a DOS installation before, then
you'll probably know how to deal with this.

For a more complete description of what's new in this release, please
see the release notes.

For more documentation on this system, it is recommended that you purchase
the 4.4BSD Document Set from O'Reilly Associates and the USENIX Association.
ISBN 1-56592-082-1  We have no connection with O'Reilly, we're just
satisfied customers!

Have fun, and please let us know of any problems you encounter with
this release!

Comments should be sent to:

        hackers@FreeBSD.org

Bug reports should be sent using the `send-pr' utility, if you
were able to get the system installed, otherwise to:

        bugs@FreeBSD.org

And general questions to:

        questions@FreeBSD.org

Please have patience if your questions are not answered right away -
this is an especially busy time for us, and our volunteer resources
are often strained to the limit (if not somewhat past!).

Thanks!

                                The FreeBSD Project