Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:51:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [no_reboot] Starting New NFS services...

At Thu, 29 Aug 2002 it looks like Kent Stewart composed:

> Did you try "kill -HUP mountd"?

Hmm, thanks for the email reply.

That's the one issue. The FreeBSD-4.5 system has _never_ had NFS
of any sort running on it and now I want to start up everything
in one fell swoop.

On a Solaris system or Linux I'd:

(rough_example)

/etc/init.d/portmap start
/etc/init.d/nfs start

And the services would read all config files and start. I was
hoping to source the /etc/rc.network file and have the same
thing done.

In a little while I'll try it anyway, just got to wait to let
some rsync's to finish, I don't know if sourcing the file will
send a "burp" to the network card.

--
Bill Schoolcraft