Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 14:58:16 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: autoupdate binaries transparently

>> how impossible would it be to auto-update a user's binary
>> installations over the net?  that would be a nice feature.

Not impossible at all. In fact, it is might already be installed on your
system. CVSUP and cron can do this just fine.

I seem to recall something about "the unix way". Unix contains lots of
tools that are very good at one small task. Put them all together and you
get incredible flexibility and power.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/