Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2008 23:45:08 +0100
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
Subject:   Re: Gimp-help not working after portupgrade

On Saturday 25 October 2008, Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:

> graphics/gimp-app misses a dependency:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2008-October/020978.
>html
>
> Install www/webkit-gtk2 and rebuild graphics/gimp-app.
>
> Please, report back if that solves the problem with gimp-help. If it
> does that might be an argument to add the dependency to gimp-app.

I tried that but still had exactly the same problem.

I also reinstalled gimp, gimp-app and gimp-help after installing
webkit-gtk2 but still no change.

curlew:/home/mike% pkg_info -Ix gimp webkit-gtk2
gimp-2.6.1,2        The "meta-port" for The Gimp
gimp-app-2.6.1_1,1  A GNU Image Manipulation Program
gimp-gutenprint-5.1.7_1 GutenPrint Printer Driver
gimp-help-2.4.1     GIMP user's manual
webkit-gtk2-0.0.30549_1 An opensource browser engine

Gimp is firmly of the opinion that gimp-help isn't installed, the help
tab of the preferences dialog has a message saying "The user manual is
not installed locally".

--
Mike Clarke