Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:48:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        didier.wiroth@mcesr.etat.lu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fixit cd how?

> Hey,
> I have corrupted my fstab file and I can't mount any drives anymore. Now I
> would like to fix that with the fixit cd (freebsd cd 2), but how?

I don't know much about using the fixit, but -
If you have only messed up the fstab file, you can probably fix it
by merely booting to single user and then remounting root.  But, if
it is too badly mangled, like the root mount info is gone, maybe
it won't work.

Anyway,   boot to single user
   then   fsck -p
          mount -u /      This one you may have to do with a full mount command
                          speciifying device and mount point (/)
          edit your fstab
          reboot.

God luck,