Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 2003 07:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tenebrae <tenebrae_bsd@niceboots.com>
To:        Jeffrey Schilperoord <jeffrey@littlejack.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spamassasin

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Jeffrey Schilperoord wrote:

> Hey guys!
>
> First of all i want to say you are doing a good job here  But my question
> is..
>
> What are the settings that i have to change when i want to get Spam Assasin
> working with sendmail ?
>
> dont know for sure if this is the good list to mail to! if not i'm sorry !:(

It's not really a freebsd issue, so no, this isn't really the list to send
it to.

It was really easy to set up SpamAssassin with Sendmail on my system.  I
followed the instructions on spamassassin.org, found a few good procmail
recipes to go with it, and that was that.
I set it up site-wide and edited my freebsd.mc file with
FEATURE(local_procmail) so it looks like this:
http://www.niceboots.com/freebsd.mc
Set up a system-wide procmailrc like this (in /usr/local/etc/procmailrc):
http://www.niceboots.com/procmailrc
And then I put a few recipes up for my handful of users here:
http://www.niceboots.com/spamass.html
That was about it.
Even a geek chick wannabe like me could set it up.  heh
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.