Date:      Sat, 3 May 2014 09:35:19 -0700
From:      Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
To:        FreeBSD-security@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        dinoex@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Fwd: ports/189208: Add a mention of WITH_OPENSSL_PORT to the pkg-descr of security/openssl

Note that the description below does *not* match what people were saying =
last week about how things work. My reading of the earlier thread was =
that, unless you had WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=3Dyes in /etc/make.conf, a port =
needing OpenSSL would make with OpenSSL from the base.

I am not a porter and wouldn't know where to look in the code, so I =
can't figure out which is right. But it is clear that this is worth =
clarifying both in the openssl pkg-descr *and* in the make.conf man =
page.

--Paul Hoffman

Begin forwarded message: