Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 2002 06:07:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ak03@gte.com, drosih@rpi.edu, raymond.j.kohler@lmco.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, Kirk McKusick <mckusick@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/fs/specfs spec_vnops.c

On 04-Nov-2002 Doug Barton wrote:
> Kirk,
>
> I'm adding a bunch of people to the list who were involved in a thread
> on -current on this topic. I also tried this change and noticed that
> things did seem a tiny bit snappier (although my system is slow enough
> that it could have just been my imagination).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug

On a similar note, I'm still trying to determine the impact of
enabling/disabling CFLAGS+=-D_PTHREADS_INVARIANTS in libc_r and
libpthreads, and wondering if perhaps a global -DNO_INVARIANTS variable in
src/Makefile.inc1 might be something worth considering.

It's hard to tell just how much of a difference this really makes.  Has
anyone done any comparisons on this?  Do these have any effect at all if
the kernel is built without INVARIANT_SUPPORT?

Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>