Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 13:51:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        ursa@cris.com
Cc:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NFS locking

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Grammas, August wrote:

One of the hackers may have to reply to this, I'll do the best I can.

>        I need information on IF / HOW NFS file locking is implimented in
> FreeBSD.  I am not asking
>  for an explation, but where in the doco I will find information on NFS
> file locking.

The problem is that the NFS locking spec isn't published, so we have to
reverse engineer it.  In addition there are some serious issues with the
whole idea.  We do have (limited, buggy) support for client locking only.

>       Please send any replies to ursa@cris.com and NOT to
> agrammas@premtec.com.

Then please set this as your reply-to or use your own account :)