Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:50:35 +0100
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        Matthias Muthmann <mmuthmann@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with X..

On Tuesday 01 of March 2005 08:16, Matthias Muthmann wrote:
> Well, I just played a little bit on my keyboard and all ef the key
> (except the "cut"-key) produce events. An example: Pressing "h" and then
> "n" gives:
>
> KeyPress event, serial 20, synthetic YES, window 0xe00001,
>     root 0x34, subw 0x40005f, time 497408, (7,4), root:(739,37),
>     state 0x0, keycode 89 (keysym 0x68, h), same_screen YES,
>     XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (68) "h"
>
> KeyPress event, serial 20, synthetic YES, window 0xe00001,
>     root 0x34, subw 0x40005f, time 497691, (7,4), root:(739,37),
>     state 0x0, keycode 199 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol), same_screen YES,
>     XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
>
> Some things I noticed: On the num-pad only the "+-*/" work, return
> doesn't (work state 0x0, keycode 156 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol) ) and shift
> doesn't (work state 0x0, keycode 205 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol) ).

Aha, so at least the keys work, they are only being mapped to strange codes.
There's one thing I've missed when trying to bring sparc related stuff from
keyboard driver. Can you try the whole reinstall fun with additional patch
here:
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xorg/patch-bsd_KbdMap.c
This is supposed to prevent remapping so called "internet keys" for PC
keyboards on sparc.
Those events above were with patches applied, right? If the above patch fails,
could you also try getting keycodes and keysyms with plain xorg-server
version from ports? (I don't know if I'll be able to come with final solution
in which case this data would be valuable when submitting bug report to
X.Org.)

Dejan