Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 01:33:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@serv1.wallnet.com>
To:        Akthar Hussain <ahussain_fbsd@msn.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.6 and 4.6.2 disks

Disk 1 of the 4.6.2 release contains the "install" functions for FreeBSD
4.6.2, including the various distribution installation options.

Disk 2 is the bootable "live" 4.6.2 file system, absolutely invaluable in
repairing a wayward FreeBSD OS

The other 2 disks contain mainly .src files and binary package
distributions of "add on" programs.

The Disk 1 and Disk 2 .iso's of FreeBSD contain the actual OS (the FreeBSD
4.6.2 release)

Disks 3 and 4 have not changed since the 4.6-RELEASE version of the OS and
don't require updating.

In summary (and others will surely jump in if I'm wrong), You need Disk 1
and Disk 2 (the .iso's) from the 4.6.2 folder and, to complete the set,
you need the Disk 3 and disk 4 .iso's from 4.6-RELEASE

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT