Date:      25 Nov 2000 10:20:23 -0000
From:      sharpmind2@371.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   about picoBSD

I had a box running freebsd3.2 smoothly. One day  i decided to try  a dial picobsd.Below is what i have done:

1. because my kernel had configured well; I didn't modify the file "PICOBSD"  and "crunch1" in the dial directory.

2.  I ran the file "build" in the build directory directly.
     cd   /usr/src/release/picobsd/build
     ./build
3.  i chose the type "dial" ,and then I typed "n" to run.
4.  now  there was a file named "fs.PICOBSD" in the build directory, instead of the file "PICOBSD.bin".
     At the same time , the size of  the  file "fs.PICOBSD"  is about 1635000 bytes. Obviously  it isnt fit for a flooy disk.
     It proved that what I said was right. when i run the file "install" in the same directory to install "fs.PICOBSD", my box
     told me only 1475000 bytes was transfered.

<1>.  I  want to know why my file is "fs.PICOBSD" ,instead of "PICOBSD.bin"
 <2>  why my fs.PICOBSD is so big.