Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:40:18 -0800
From:      Manfred Antar <mantar@pacbell.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>, Jim Bloom <bloom@acm.org>
Cc:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/secure/lib/libcrypto Makefile.inc Makefile

At 12:50 PM 1/17/00 -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Jim Bloom wrote:
>
> > Add lynx-ssl to the list of ports which are broken on current.  This was
> > as of Jan. 16 at 14:00 EST cvsup of ports and source followed by a make
> > world.
>
>Well, that makes a list of one. Can you provide more information (e.g. a
>transcript?) Are you using openssl-rsaref, or openssl with no RSA (the
>latter will break many ports, the former has a restrictive license).
>
>Kris

Here is another one
apache13-php3 when compiled with modssl .
I'm using RSA. It builds and installs fine but when starting the server
with ssl :
#apachectl startssl
the following error occurs :
Syntax error on line 240 of /usr/local/etc/apache/apache.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libssl.so into server:
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1: Undefined symbol "R_RandomUpdate"
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

It can be fixed by adding -L/usr/local/lib -lrsaref to the SSL_LIBS= line in
/usr/ports/www/apache13-php3/work/apache_1.3.9/src/modules/ssl/Makefile

Manfred