Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2000 10:12:42 -0700
From:      matthew zeier <matthew@intelenet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   serial console - how-to ?

In searching the mailing lists, I seem to get different methods to use
COM1 for console.

What's needed to get a GENERIC kernel to use COM1 for all console I/O ?
Do I just add "-h" to /boot.config (that file doesn't exist on 4.1.1) ?
Or do I need to rebuild my kernel setting the flags for com1 to 0x20?
Do I need to do anything to /etc/ttys ?

Thanks.

- mz

--
matthew zeier -  "There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to
accomplish something." - Thomas Edison