Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:52:04 -0500
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   PATCH - changing libc_r to use *context()

There's a patch at:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/libc_r.diffs

that changes libc_r to use *context() instead of setjmp/longjmp.  There
are some other changes that the -java folks have wanted for some time
(signal handlers installed with SA_SIGINFO now always get a siginfo_t
 and ucontext_t).

Normally I would wait until after 5.0-release to do this, but the
ia64 folks (perhaps the sparc64?) really wanted this.

I'd like some feedback on whether some heavy threaded apps (GNOME,
OpenOffice, Java, etc) have any problems with this patch before
asking re@ for commit permission.  BTW, it also needs testing on
alpha.

Thanks,

--