Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:04:06 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Integrating QMAIL in the world

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0004122104560.59241-100000@picnic.mat.net> Chuck Robey writes:
: ALWAYS provide sensible default values, not a bunch of expert questions.

If it were up to me, I'd ship with all mailers turned off by
default.  They are all big, bad and ugly when it comes to security.
Sendmail's faults are just more widely publicized than other mailers
faults are.  However, there's more to making a successful system than
just having it be totally secure, it also has to be useful.

I will pitch a huge fit about chosing QMAIL to go into the tree.  Any
mailer more complex than cat will likely get this response from me,
although Peter Wemm is working on one that would be good and useful
iirc.

Warner