Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 23:01:07 +0100
From:      Thomas Seck <tmseck@web.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vinum safe to use for raid 0?

Hi all,

sorry if this is OT for -stable, but I followed the discussion about
vinum in here and got a bit worried.

I am currently deploying a proxy server for our company. It shall use
squid on 4.2-STABLE. I would like to put the cache data on a vinum RAID
0, made of three U160 disks. As I understood the discussion so far,
there are some unresolved problems with the raid 5 code. Could someone
tell me whether I can safely use vinum for building a raid 0 system
(despite the fact that the HW may be a point of failure of course)?

Thanks in advance and best regards from Germany

-Thomas Seck