Date:      Sun, 5 Sep 1999 15:26:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Rene de Vries <rene@canyon.demon.nl>
To:        ken@kdm.org (Kenneth D. Merry)
Cc:        rene@canyon.demon.nl (Rene de Vries), freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl (Wilko Bulte)
Subject:   Re: FBSD3.3RC + UMAX astra 1220S + NCR810 => panic

Ken,

Unfortunately the AIC7890 has a 68pin HD connector for which I don't have a
cable. As far as the scanner goes: I didn't expect it to have a decent SCSI
implementation, this is the reason I used a separate NCR810 to connect it to
my system. But I find it strange that the system panics on this
configuration, if something is wrong I expected the kernel to complain but
not panic (you could call a panic the ultimate way for the kernel to compain,
but this was not very helpfull). I'll try to get my hands on an
25 (Centronics) <-> 68pin HD cable (is there someone near Delft, NL that
has such a cable that I can borrow for a day or two?).
Whould it help if I took my old PC and installed FreeBSD 2.2.6 (the latest
2.2R i've got) and see what happens?

Rene

--
Rene de Vries                    http://www.tcja.nl/~rene; mailto:rene@tcja.nl