Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 11:45:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        david@banning.com (David Banning)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail - masquerading user name

	I checked and I do have POP pickup and forwarding to another address
checked as an option.  Here is my .mc file that I can't get to send mail.

OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp:smtp.mail.yahoo.com')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
FEATURE(`local_procmail', `/usr/local/bin/procmail')dnl
FEATURE(`genericstable', `hash /etc/mail/genericstable')dnl
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/genericsdomain')dnl
FEATURE(`nouucp')
MASQUERADE_AS(`yahoo.com')dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

	Here is what I get when I run mail with the -v flag.

ipthomas_77@yahoo.com... Connecting to smtp.mail.yahoo.com via smtp...
ipthomas_77@yahoo.com... Deferred: No route to host

	I noticed you don't specify smtp for your smart host so I dropped my
entry for it and re ran the test.

ipthomas_77@yahoo.com... Connecting to smtp.mail.yahoo.com via relay...
ipthomas_77@yahoo.com... Deferred: No route to host

	I've also tried this with and without the GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE.  I'm
beginning to think that yahoo has it in for me.  If you could run this and
send me the output.

mail -v [who you want to send the message to]
Subject: [you can put test here]
[write what you want here]
enter one `.' here to end the message and send it

	mail will give you some info on what happens next.  Copy that and mail it
to me.

Thanks
Ian

As told by, David Banning