Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:49:43 -0600
From:      "Dooley, Ryan" <dooleyr@missouri.edu>
To:        'Mike Meyer' <mwm@mired.org>, Stan Brown <stanb@panix.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Alternative filesytems?

My understanding is that there is a license issue once again.  It's not that
the SGI folks aren't interested in porting XFS to FreeBSD but I don't have
any real details.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-xfs&w=2&r=1&s=freebsd+issues&q=b

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-xfs&m=100342420410938&w=2

There are a couple of threads there on the subject.

The Christmas present I'm hoping for would be 'fsck -B' MFC'd from the 5.0
work that is being done.

Cheers,
	Ryan