Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2001 14:19:56 -0500
From:      Douglas Egan <degan@calcon.net>
To:        peter@bgnett.no
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Experiences with SMC8035TX (PCMCIA ethernet) or other dongleless  PCMCIA ethernet

I am using a Linksys "EtherFast 10/100 Integrated PC Card".  Model no.
PCM100 version 2.  It is dongle-less, but unlike the Xircom cards, this
one sticks out of the cardslot at least 1.25 inches.  So it must be
removed when you put the laptop into a case.

It did just work without modifying any addresses or irq's - although I
haven't yet gotten it to come up automatically yet.  I am still playing
around with the init scripts to get it to ifconfig itself using DHCP.

Doug Egan