Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:00:05 GMT
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Re: kern/121558: Supermicro X7SB4 Fatal trap 12 when ACPI disabled

The following reply was made to PR kern/121558; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To: Leon Kos <leon.kos@lecad.uni-lj.si>
Cc: John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>, freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org,
 bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:51:56 +0100

 On 12/23/-58 20:59, Leon Kos wrote:
 > I have added
 >
 >  hw.pci13.0.INTA.irq="16"
 >  hw.pci15.0.INTA.irq="17"
 >  hw.pci5.0.INTA.irq="19"
 >
 > to /boot/loader.conf and to /boot/device.hints without and face no effect
 > of this options when looking mptable. Then I've created CAD.hints
 >  hw.pci13.0.INTA.irq=16
 >  hw.pci15.0.INTA.irq=17
 >  hw.pci5.0.INTA.irq=19
 >
 > and included this in my kernel config with hints          "CAD.hints"

 This is from my memories: I think I've investigated the hints include
 thing a while ago and found, when using this, the default hints file
 will not be processed anymore.

 If you're going to use 'hints "CAD.hints"' make sure it includes all the
 settings from default hints file (I do have the light feeling you've
 only included your additions to that file).

 Again, this is from memory and I welcome corrections if this statement
 is caused by remembering it wrong.

 Volker