Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:37:56 -0400
From:      Bob Wright <bwrig@zdgt.com>
To:        Redmond Militante <r-militante@northwestern.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, 'Rob O'Donnell' <robert@aphnet.co.uk>
Subject:   RE: Forging identd while chatting in IRC channel

You may also want to consult some of the different IRC version. Enterthegame
network I believe blocks the last oclet of an ip from public view. Other
networks offer free Vhosts (ex. Bob@bob.loves.BSD.com).

Really the problem has already been solved, the answer just needs to be used
;)  Vhosts are the most logical answer to protecting your IP on IRC if your
not the one controlling the network. Or you could use a free isp to chat on
irc with.. Te-hehe. Sorry had to.

I dont know the IRCD versions which these servers are using.

Hope this helps.