Date:      Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:56:55 +0200
From:      guru@Sisis.de
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: 5.4-REL && noteboock F/S AMILO-D && S4

Hello,

Yesterday I've send the attached e-mail to freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
but perhaps it belongs more to this list here; Meanwhile I did some
further steps as advised in the FreeBSD handbook and tried to
enable ACPI_DEBUG as said there for trouble shooting; enabling
ACPI_DEBUG results in acpi.ko missing a function db_readline()
and so I added to the kernel 'options KDB' (I found this hint
in Goggle). After re-building all the kernel modules it is now
complaining about:

$ egrep -i 'uttrace|KLD' /var/log/messages
Oct 24 09:22:02 rebelion kernel: link_elf: symbol AcpiUtTrace undefined
Oct 24 09:22:02 rebelion kernel: KLD file acpi.ko - could not finalize loading
$

but I don't understand this because 'AcpiUtTrace' is in acpi.ko:

# nm acpi.ko | fgrep AcpiUtTr
0003e9d0 t AcpiUtTrace
0003e9fc t AcpiUtTracePtr
0003ea2c t AcpiUtTraceStr
0003ea5c t AcpiUtTraceU32
0003dbb8 t AcpiUtTrackAllocation
0003e8d0 t AcpiUtTrackStackPtr
0003f94c t AcpiUtTranslateOneCid
# nm utdebug.o | fgrep AcpiUtTr
00000110 T AcpiUtTrace
0000013c T AcpiUtTracePtr
0000016c T AcpiUtTraceStr
0000019c T AcpiUtTraceU32
00000010 T AcpiUtTrackStackPtr
#

What does this means? And again, is there some overall description
how suspend to 'S4OS' should work and how the resume must be
initiated? I read in Goggle that for S4OS the RAM is filed to
some 'hibernation' file to disk, where this file should appear?
and how a re-boot will pick it up? I've 1 GByte of RAM but can't
see any file large enough to fit my RAM into;

Thanks in advance

	matthias
----- Forwarded message from guru@Sisis.de -----