Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:00:47 -0500
From:      "Grant Peel" <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   System Freezing -Again

Hi all,

I have been pestering everyone who will listen on this, and have yet to find
a solution ... so here goes again!

I have a FreeBSD system on a Dell PE 1850 that has been randomly freezing up
from time to time in the past two weeks.

Firewall is enabled, but is very solid as I am using the same rules on
several other machines.

I spent last Saturday and Sunday at the NOC, running Dell 32 bit diagnostics
on it, along with memtest32, no errors found over many hours of testing.

NO heat of note from the Power supply CPU or system fan.

Nothing ever in log files, no core dumps. I have the DUMDEV="AUTO" set in
rc.conf, but ran dumpon -v /dev/da0s1b today, the output showed it should be
dumping to my swap partition.

APIC is disabled now, but has been enabled in the past, with the same
results. POwer management is shut off in the bios.

No System Events are being recorded in BIOS, and, the logs were harvested
last week with no abnormalitied showing.

The only item of note, that I found after todays freeze, was in
/var/log/maillog, and /var/log/exim/mainlog,   about 15 lines of ^@
recorded at about the exact tine of the freeze. Does anyone think this is
significant, or is it simply a symptom of the crash?

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

-GRant