Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:25:44 -0500
From:      "hic.net - tech" <tech@hic.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   can't telnet /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libutil.so.3" not found

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C15D69.505E6F80

Starting yesterday I can't telnet into on of my servers anymore. I get =
the error=20
telnet harley
Trying 209.144.4.22...
Connected to harley.hic.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libutil.so.3" not found
Connection closed by foreign host.

As the system starts its daemons I also get the error about libutil.so.3 =
 not found.  I hadn't changed anything and I am wondering why this =
starting happening and also what I can do to fix it. As far as I can =
tell, apache, php, ftp, pretty much everything else I do on the server =
works, I just can't telnet in. I have some other machines running the =
same version of FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE  that have the same setup, apache, =
php, mysql that I can still telnet into so I tried using find to  see if =
the libutil.so.3  was on one of them so I could just copy it over, but I =
don't have that file on the other machines. Is there something that is =
trying to run at startup that I can disable, I already tried setting =
linux_enable=3D"NO"  in /etc/rc.conf   and setting the search paths like =
the example in /etc/defaults/rc.conf  but the same thing happens. Any =
ideas? Thanks
Chris

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C15D69.505E6F80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Starting yesterday I can't telnet into on of my =
servers=20
anymore. I get the error </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>telnet harley<BR>Trying 209.144.4.22...<BR>Connected =
to=20
harley.hic.net.<BR>Escape character is =
'^]'.<BR>/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared=20
object "libutil.so.3" not found<BR>Connection closed by foreign=20
host.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As the system starts its daemons I also get the =
error about=20
libutil.so.3&nbsp; not found.&nbsp; I hadn't changed anything and I am =
wondering=20
why this starting happening and also what I can do to fix it. As far as =
I can=20
tell, apache, php, ftp, pretty much everything else I do on the server =
works, I=20
just can't telnet in. I have some other machines running the same =
version of=20
FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE&nbsp; that have the same setup, apache, php, mysql =
that I=20
can still telnet into so I tried using find to&nbsp; see if the=20
libutil.so.3&nbsp; was on one of them so I could just copy it over, but =
I don't=20
have that file on the other machines. Is there something that is trying =
to run=20
at startup that I can disable, I already tried setting =
linux_enable=3D"NO"&nbsp;=20
in /etc/rc.conf&nbsp;&nbsp; and setting the search paths like the =
example in=20
/etc/defaults/rc.conf&nbsp; but the same thing happens. Any ideas?=20
Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Chris</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C15D69.505E6F80--