Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 12:31:15 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
Cc:        Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help: Wierd Terminal Copy Problem

Jim Freeze wrote:

> > > Are you using xterm, or some other terminal application shipping with KDE?
> > > (Maybe Konsole or kvt)
>
> A little more info Christoph:
>
> I tried
>
> % kvt &
>
> from the command line and pasted into a vi session in the new window.
> It locked up.
>
> I tried
> % xterm &
> and pasted into a vi session in the new window and it WORKED.
>
> I also tried
> % kvt &
> and then killing the vi process. The window remained locked up.
>
> Does this look like a kde bug or config problem?
> Should I be talking to the KDE folks?

I just cut and pasted 50 lines just fine from two terminals in
KDE-1.1.2. I stretched out a terminal window to 50 lines and selected
the text. I started vi in a second terminal and went into the input
mode using the "i" command. Then, I pressed the middle button to do
the paste. It pasted and then I pressed <esc> to get out of the input
mode. I had a 50 line vi session at that point. Did you do something
different?

Kent

> Thanks
>
> Jim