Date:      Sat, 24 Oct 1998 03:32:31 -0400
From:      Keith Stevenson <k.stevenson@louisville.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kernel panic from quota?

I appear to have tickled the bug quota bug that Dan Swartzendruber
<druber@mail.kersur.net> posted about on 28 September.  Here is the sequence of
events:

# uname -a
FreeBSD narn.spd.louisville.edu 2.2.7-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE #0: Tue Oct  6 14:25:11 EDT 1998     root@narn.spd.louisville.edu:/usr/src/sys/compile/NARN  i386

quotaoff -avug
(Do some massive file transfers)
checkquota -avug
quotaon -avug
repquota -avug
quota -v <user>
quota -v <user>
quota -v <user>

Wham!  Kernel panics on a page fault and leaves me a core file.

If anyone is interested in doing some post-mortem work, I can make the core
file available via FTP.  (It's ~512 MB, so I'm not going to email it to anyone)

In the meantime, since it hurt when I did that sequence of commands, I'm not
going to do it any more :)

Regards,
--Keith Stevenson--

--
Keith Stevenson
System Programmer - Data Center Services - University of Louisville