Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 95 12:02:25 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw, jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: "Birthday snap" cancelled..

> New GIF!! New GIF!!  I want this one, it would be perfect to hang over
> the top of my test bench (I have an 8' long table that I pre assemble
> and test machines without cases.  It looks like a massive rats nest of
> power supplies, motherboards, disk drives and cables every where.)  This
> would also be a good poster for any of our -current folks who put up
> with system instability to help get it all debugged.
>
> Ohh.. and the caption for what the Daemon is thinking should read
> ``Okay, who's been playing with my source strings again?''

The Snap's should be a bunch of cartoon nerds pushing a daemon (who
obviously doesn't want to go) towards a precipice.

The gnats should be a deamon with his right hand shading his eyes
as if he were obviously scanning the horizon with the same bunch
of nerds looking in different while holding fly swatters, with
one of the nerds pointing excitedly off the side of the image.
Probably all the nerds should be wearing pith helmets.

The FAQ image should be of a daemon in a press hat sitting at a
simple wooden desk in a simple wooden chair typing at an old manual
typewriter, obviously concentrating (his tongue out of the corner
of his mouth).  Several nerds could be reading sections of a long
spool of paper coming from the typewriter

The README or "about" or "info" should be the daemon looking at
the viewer (or at a document on a table) through a magnifying
glass (resulting in a normal daemon with a greatly magnified
daemon eye in the magnifying glass).  The nerds would be peering
over his shoulder with a "let me see" posture.

I've always wanted one of the daemon lying on his back with his
knees bent and his legs crossed, hands behind his head (elbows out)
wearing sunglasses with a glint on them (obviously taking in some
Sun).

A "top view" version of this would be ideal for a beach towel.

Maybe at the bottom of the towel could be the caption "Don't Panic!".

A 30 degree above the surface 75 degree to the daemon's left (not
quite a side-on camera angle) picture of this scene could also make
a good poster...

And here we go again.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu