Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:31:49 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav <des@des.no>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [current tinderbox] failure on i386/pc98

--w/fW4OhQtzSNeJ+1

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 04:43:50AM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
+> FreeBSD Tinderbox <tinderbox@freebsd.org> writes:
+> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Cannot open "/lib/libedit.so.4"
+> > *** Error code 1
+>=20
+> false alarm.  the tinderbox has been acting oddly lately (apparently
+> running jobs out of order, amongst other problems) so I am engaging in
+> a bit of wanton maintenance.

BTW. Are you using md(4) (memory backed) devices to keep sources/objects?
If compiling for different architectures doesn't run in parallel, we just
need to keep sources in memory (put it there on boot) and only create
one (~600MB) md(4) device and mount it on /usr/obj. After compiling we just
have to:

	# umount /usr/obj
	# newfs /dev/mdX
	# mount /usr/obj
	# <start next arch>

(I assume you don't you -DNOCLEAN:))
It for sure should extend life of tinderboxes (mainly their disks) and
speedup things a bit, but we need machines with ~1.5GB of RAM.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl

--w/fW4OhQtzSNeJ+1