Date:      Wed, 10 May 1995 00:59:02 -0400
From:      AlexAdroog@aol.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   MSDOS Partition

I recently insatallled FreeBSD v2.0
I have a maxtor 7546 AT drive on a generic vlb conroller.
Originally i had all the available space allocated for PCDOS.
Through the FreeBSD boot process, i edited that slice and changed it to 250
megs for PCDOS. I also allocated about 270 to FreeBSD. I loaded the Bindist's
through the dos mount and everything went hunky dorry.
Now when i am in dos (through an active partition after a shutdown and I do a
diskspace check it is showing 370 +- megs allocated for dos (i have the rest
of dos taken up by programs). What gives? should not my dos partition have
reduced and show maybe 170 or so megs?
Also, the dos partion does not mount at startup. I get a message somewhat
like this...

msdos: stat /dos invalid file (etc).

maybe the controller? anybody have any experiance with this or suggestions?

ThanX in advance!

Timothy