Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:15:12 -0500
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to Upgrade Portupgrade?

Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> So this seems like updating portupgrade should be trivial but I am
> stuck.  Suggestions appreciated.

Yeah, I missed the note on this one, too.  Not the change note, but
I don't recall seeing the instructions on what to do about it.
Tried deinstalling portupgrade and reinstalling?  The catch-22,
of course, is that you can't "cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade"
in order to `make deinstall`.  However, this might work (and I believe
it's the kludge I used to get around the issue):

$ rm -rf /var/db/pkg/portupgrade*
$ cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade
$ make install clean

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
--
Schmidt's Observation:
	All things being equal, a fat person  uses more soap