Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:27:49 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Mark Powell" <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        sos@freebsd.org, ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   MCP55 SATA problems (was Re: PATA-SATA convertor drive inaccessibility)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Mark Powell wrote:

> Ok some further info.

This seems MCP55 related.
   I have moved my two PATA SATA converted drives onto a Sil 3132 2-port
PCI-E controller. I have no drives on the MCP55 SATA ports. I have cabled
my 3rd drive directly into the MCP55 IDE port. No problems whatsoever with
7.0 now. My zfs raidz has come back to life :)
   The system reboots properly now and the BIOS is happy restarting the PC.
   7.0 is definately doing something screwy with the MCP55 SATA
controllers, but only when a drive is connected to them. Otherwise it's
fine.
   Many thanks.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,