Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:47:46 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@uli.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   upgrading ports...

Maybe it's a FAQ but... I looked around and found no answer. How can I
upgrade a port (with make install or pkg_add) without losing its
+REQUIRED file in /var/db/pkg/* ?

Some packages that require a particular version of a library (like
libpng, please don't ask =) ) would still fail if the library is
updated without keeping the old version, but it's better than nothing.
If preserved, I could look in +REQUIRED and recompile the depending
packages.

Is there a "standard" way to do it, or it's better to write a custom
script?

Thanks!

bye,
  jimmy