Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:26:39 -0800
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Arp error - differant from the ones in the archives

I have an arp error occuring on my firewall as follows:

/kernel: arp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xx is on xl0 but got reply from
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx on ep1

The firewall has two nics -
xl0 is connected to the hub
ep1 is connected to the dsl modem

The inside network is the 192.168.0.x series served up
from a NT dhcp server.
The firewall xl0 nic has a static address of 192.168.0.1
the other boxes on the network are all dhcp, some are
freebsd, some win95, some win98.
The firewall ep1 nic has static address provided by the
isp.
The arp error has shown several differant nic ipaddresses
in the first part of the message - xxx.xxx.xxx.xx on xl0 etc

How do I troubleshoot this one? It appears to be preventing
natd from working, is that possible? Because natd quit
working about the time these started.

--
Chip Wiegand
Alternative Operating Systems